employABILITY: skills for your future
employABILITY: skills for your future provides students with the skills they need to stand out to potential employers through employment skill sessions including resumé writing, interview skills, soft skills, and networking. Teachers and parents will find helpful lesson ideas and resources to use with students studying secondary Practical and Applied Arts courses, ELA 20, and Grade 6-9 Career Education.
employABILITY program provides:
- Assistance with building a resume, whether starting from scratch or refining what is already created
- Tips on how to stand out to potential employers
- Job interview skills through online resources or mock interviews
- Understanding the importance of soft skills
For more information contact:
Upcoming EmployAbility Sessions
Interview Skills Workshop
Thursday, April 15, 2021 (4:30 – 5:30pm)
- Learn interview skills
- Learn difference between virtual/in-person interviews
- Ask qusetions regarding interviews
Thursday, May 6, 2021 (4:30 – 5:30pm)
- Learn tips for creating a proper resume
- Learn attributes to add to current resume
- Ask questions about creating a resume
Saskatchewan Youth Apprenticeship (SYA)
To complete the Saskatchewan Youth Apprenticeship (SYA) program through the SIEC, please fill out registration form below.
Level II – Challenge II – Interview a Journeyperson
To connect with a journeyperson, please fill out request form below.
If you are unsure what trade you would like to interview, please click here to view a trade list.
For additional information and recources regarding SYA please visit the Saskatchewan Youth Apprenticeship website below.
For a video presentation explaining SYA, please click here.