Spotlight on Health Care
The Saskatoon Industry Education Council, in partnership with the Saskatchewan Health Authority, is excited to announce our Spotlight on Careers in Health Care. We will host live online events, share industry interviews and tours.
Monday, December 7 – Friday, December 11
Always wondered what a career in Pharmacy would be like? How do I get there? What programs can I take? What would my post-secondary journey be like?
- U of S College of Pharmacy and Nutrition – Receive an overview of the programs offered at the University of Saskatchewan through the College of Pharmacy and Nutrition.
- Ask a Pharmacy Student – Hear a 3rd year Pharmacy student discuss her post-secondary journey and offer advice to those who would like a career in Pharmacy.
- Finding Purpose and Balance within your Career – A Pharmacist’s Perspective – Hear from a local Pharmacist on her journey to finding her purpose in the Pharmacy field in the SIEC Speaks blog.
- Pharmacy Technician Career Pathway – Interested in becoming a Pharmacy Technician? Hear from a local Pharmacy Technician and also from Saskatchewan Polytechnic on the Pharmacy Technician Program that they offer.
Physician’s Career Panel
- The panel features a representative from the University of Saskatchewan College of Medicine, a medical student, and industry professionals sharing their education and career journeys.
Nursing Career Panel
- The panel features representatives from the University of Saskatchewan College of Nursing, Saskatchewan Polytechnic Practical Nursing Program, the University of Regina SCBScN Program, nursing students, and industry professionals sharing their education and career journeys.
Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital
Saskatchewan has opened its first-ever provincial facility dedicated to world-class pediatric and maternal health care. Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital will provide leading-edge technology, family-friendly amenities and the highest quality of care for our province’s babies, moms-to-be, kids and families. Take a tour inside your new provincial maternal and children’s hospital.
What school should I attend? What program is best suited for my career gaols? If these are questions you ask yourself, check out the post-secondary program videos in our Media Resources section below.
Why did you become a doctor? What is the difference between Registered Psychiatric Nurse and Registered Nurse? Check out our industry interviews located below in our Media Resource section.
Still have questions about your future? Check out these resources and activities.
Please click on video title to access videos
Usask College of Nursing – Interested in taking your Bachelor of Science in Nursing at the University of Saskatchewan College of Nursing? Find out what it’s all about. Our BSN program is offered in Regina, Saskatoon, Prince Albert, Yorkton, La Ronge and Ile-a-la-Crosse, Saskatchewan. Students graduate from this program with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree and are eligible to write the national registration exam.
Usask College of Nursing Simulation Lab – Want to see where you would learn hands-on practices in the College of Nursing Program?
SaskPolytechnic School of Nursing – Saskatchewan Polytechnic educated nurses are known for their high standards of practice, ethical behaviour, acceptance of diversity and skilful compassion. Through a variety of programs, the School of Nursing prepares you for a gratifying career as a registered nurse, nurse practitioner, registered psychiatric nurse, licensed practical nurse, diabetes educator and more.
SaskPolytechnic Bachelor of Psychiatric Nursing Degree Program – Find out how you can play a greater role in advancing the health and well-being of people and communities. Saskatchewan Polytechnic’s Bachelor of Psychiatric degree completion program provides you with a strong foundation to grow your career in leadership, management, and education.
SaskPolytechnic Critical Care Nursing Advanced Certificate – Are you an RN wishing to expand your current skill set and knowledge base? Do you thrive in a high intensity environment? Are you interested in delivering holistic, evidence-based patient care? If so, a career in critical care nursing might be the path for you.
Why study Medicine at USask? – From Indigenous health to one-on-one relationships with faculty and mentors, our medical students talk about the advantages of studying medicine at the University of Saskatchewan.
Unique Minds at USask College of Medicine – Our medical students talk about how their diverse backgrounds make up the fabric of our student community.
When and Why did you decide to become a Doctor? – Everyone has their reasons for the career path they choose. Our medical students talk about why they want to become physicians.
SaskPolytechnic Pharmacy Technician Diploma Program – The Pharmacy Technician program at Saskatchewan Polytechnic will prepare you for a career in various pharmacy settings including retail pharmacies, hospitals and long-term care facilities. Hands-on learning and two month-long work experiences help make sure you are ready to succeed right from day one.
SaskPolytechnic Continuing Care Assistant Certificate Program – If you enjoy caring for others and have a desire to improve their quality of life, the Continuing Care Assistant program at Sask Polytech might be just what you’re looking for. As a continuing care assistant, you’ll work directly with clients in long-term care, home care, assisted living, some areas in acute care, and even special needs classrooms. You’ll help them with mobility, personal care, assisting them to eat their meals, and medication monitoring. It’s a face-to-face, people-focused job.
Curious about a certain career? Hear from industry professionals in their chosen field.