Spotlight on Mental Health & Wellness
The Saskatoon Industry Education Council is excited to announce our Spotlight on Mental Health & Wellness. We will host live events, share industry interviews and tours, and provide hands-on lab activities for students and teachers.
Mental Health & Wellness
Monday, January 25 – Friday, January 29
Tuesday, January 26th (11:00 am & 1:15 pm)
Mind Your Money: An Introduction to the Psychology of Spending
- Increasing your financial literacy skills can have a positive impact on mental health.
- Hear from the Credit Counselling Society about how marketing strategies impact our spending choices and what consumers can do to make wise spending choices.
Wednesday, January 27th (6:30 – 7:30 pm)
Occupational & Physical Therapy Career Pathways Panel
- The online panel features representatives from the Saskatchewan Health Authority, industry professionals, and current students sharing their education and career journeys.
- This live event will provide the opportunity for student, teacher, and parent Q&A.
Thursday, January 28th, 10:00 – 11:00 am
Spotlight on Mental Health & Addictions
- Hear from the Saskatchewan Health Authority about careers in Mental Health and Addictions.
- Participants will also learn strategies to promote positive mental health for teens.
Wellness Series – Coming Monday, January 25th
Interested in a career as a Physio Therapist, Chiropractor or Massage Therapist? Hear from local professionals as they discuss their career journeys working in the Health & Wellness sector.
Post-Secondary Video Series – Coming Monday, January 25th
What courses should I take? What would life as a student be like? Hear from U of R Social Work Program, SIIT Mental Health & Wellness Program and Saskatchewan Polytechnic Youth Care Worker Program on options available for you.
Still have questions about your future? Check out these resources and activities.
Please click on video title to access videos
Saskpolytechnic Addictions Counselling – It takes emotional maturity, good people skills and a strong sense of self to become an addictions counsellor. If you’re interested, the Addictions Counselling program at Saskatchewan Polytechnic will provide the training you need. The program is also the first in Canada to integrate mental health, addictions and First Nations philosophy.
More information coming soon…