Spotlight on Mental Health & Wellness
The Saskatoon Industry Education Council is excited to announce our Spotlight on Mental Health & Wellness. We will host live events, share industry interviews and tours, and provide hands-on lab activities for students and teachers.
Mental Health & Wellness
Monday, January 25 – Friday, January 29
Post-Secondary Video Series
What courses should I take? What would life as a student be like? Hear from U of R Faculty of Social Work and Saskatchewan Polytechnic Youth Care Worker Program on options available for you.
Faculty of Social Work
Youth Care Worker Program
Ask a Youth Care Student
Ask a Youth Care Student – What is a day like in the Youth Care Program? Hear from a current Saskpolytech Youth Care Worker student discuss her thoughts on the program and career path
Interested in a career as a Physio Therapist, Chiropractor or Massage Therapist? Hear from local professionals as they discuss their career journeys working in the Health & Wellness sector.
Mind Your Money: An Introduction to the Psychology of Spending
- Increasing your financial literacy skills can have a positive impact on mental health.
- Hear from the Credit Counselling Society about how marketing strategies impact our spending choices and what consumers can do to make wise spending choices.
Occupational & Physical Therapy Career Pathways Panel
- The online panel features representatives from the Saskatchewan Health Authority, industry professionals, and current students sharing their education and career journeys.
- This event provides the opportunity for student, teacher, and parent Q&A.
Spotlight on Mental Health & Addictions
- Hear from the Saskatchewan Health Authority about careers in Mental Health and Addictions.
- Participants will also learn strategies to promote positive mental health for teens.
Still have questions about your future? Check out these resources and activities.
Please click on video title to access videos
Saskpolytechnic Addictions Counselling – It takes emotional maturity, good people skills and a strong sense of self to become an addictions counsellor. If you’re interested, the Addictions Counselling program at Saskatchewan Polytechnic will provide the training you need. The program is also the first in Canada to integrate mental health, addictions and First Nations philosophy.
University of Regina – a brief introduction to the University of Regina including services, supports and terminiology needed to know to start classes at U of R.
U of R Faculty of Social Work Brief Introduction – What is social work? Why should I choose social work? A introduction from the Faculty of Social Work program.
Exploring Social Work – A video from the Faculty of Social Work through the University of Regina.
More information coming soon…